High energy, music, dancing, art, interesting drinks and delicious Southern food – what more could you want from a girls weekend?
You get all this, and more, on a girls weekend in Nashville.
Nashville is the type of city that gets your feet moving and your inner party animal out. Which is exactly why it makes for such a great girl’s weekend trip.
So, whether you’re planning a bachelorette party or just a weekend with the girls after months apart, here is your ultimate guide to an epic weekend getaway in Nashville, which we created in partnership with Hotels.com. From the best places to party the night away to where to satisfy your hunger pains and, of course, the best Instagrammable spots. Oh, and where to sleep!
Girls Weekend in Nashville: Places to visit
We know that girls weekends can get carried away, often involving long lunches, shopping sprees and wild party nights. But, while you’re in the city there’s a few great places to visit. While planning your Nashville weekend trip, try including one or two of the below places on your itinerary.
The Parthenon is one of the most treasured sights in Nashville. This historical gem is nicknamed “The Athens of the South” and is a full-scale replica of the famous Greek landmark. It’s located right next to one of the Old Trolley stops, so super easy to get to.
Country Music Hall of Fame
This iconic museum and research complex is dedicated to preserving the country music of Nashville and beyond. After visiting, try catch a country music show at the neighboring Ryman Auditorium.
Ryman Auditorium is a live music venue hosting singers, songwriters and musicians from around the world. It was home to the Grand Ole Opry from 1943 to 1974 and later became a National Historic Landmark in 2001. You definitely need to go watch a performance here!
Cheekwood Estate and Garden
Cheekwood features immaculate botanical gardens, lakes and a restored mansion. It’s a great place to visit on a sunny day or on one their event days – from artist installations to Moon Viewing nights. It’s a great spot to visit with the girls!
Take a walk through Broadway
Broadway is a major thoroughfare in the downtown area. It includes Lower Broadway, an entertainment district known for honky tonks and live country music. Just taking a walk down the street will expose you to more different types of music than you’d ever imagine!
Where to stay in Nashville
There are plenty of accommodation options in Nashville, for all budgets. You’ll find fun and lively hostels to quirky music themed boutique hotels and high-end luxury resorts.
For an apartment: Bode Nashville
This four-bedroom, four-bathroom apartment is perfect for a girls weekend in Nashville! It features a few chill out spots – from a long dining table to comfortable lounge area and outdoor deck. Plus, it’s walking distance from Broadway! What can be better?
Rates from $119 (for two)
For a quirky hotel: Fairlane Hotel
Fairlane Hotel offers trendy retro-modern and mid-century interiors. The bedrooms are full of 1960s charm and there’s a great choice of restaurants in the hotel.
Rates from $160
For a luxury stay: 121 Hotel
This luxury boutique hotel provides you with all the pleasures of staying in a hotel while having the privacy of staying in an apartment. Offering individual rooms, 5-bedroom suites, a plush penthouse, private event spaces or the entire hotel. You’ve got a few options, depending on how many are in your group. Centrally located in mid-town, one block from the highly coveted West End Avenue and walking distance from major hotspots.
Rates start from $100
For a budget friendly hostel: Music City Hostel
This hostel is great for its convenient location in Midtown Nashville. It offers dorm rooms (including female-only dorms) and private rooms that can fit up to four people – so all the girls can stay together!
Rates start from $60
Nightlife in Nashville
Nightlife in Nashville is all about the live music experience. The Music City lives up to its nickname with a mix of country music venues ranging from the Bluebird Cafe (temporarily closed as of January 2021, but look out for their reopening) to the Grand Ole Opry.
Pop into a bar at any time of day and you’re bound to hear an amazing performer on stage. Though, for a true Nashville party experience, hit the bars on Broadway, aka “Honky Tonk Row,” for live music and dancing. Yes, it’s touristy. But a weekend in Nashville wouldn’t be complete without checking it out.
You’ll also find loads of cocktail bars and rooftop restaurants around the city.
What to eat in Nashville
Southern fried chicken, anyone? Nashville is home to many wholesome, traditional Southern foods, and some really great restaurants. Since you’re only going to be spending the weekend in Nashville with the girls, we recommend heading out for every meal. There’s more than enough choice!
Some of the great Nashville favorites include:
- Hot Chicken, and if you only have time to visit one of the famous Hot Chicken spots, definitely head to Prince’s Hot Chicken. Here you’ll get to taste the original version flavored from ‘plain’ all the way to ‘xxx hot’.
- Biscuits. Southern biscuits are fluffy, flaky buttermilk pieces, similar to scones (for those more familiar with British cuisine). The best ones are served with other Southern specialties like grits and collard greens, and you’ll find them in many Nashville restaurants and cafes.
- Meat and Three is a concept that started down South and lets you choose one meat and three side dishes for your meal. Meat will usually be fried chicken or some form of BBQ with side options being sweet corn, potatoes or mac & cheese (if you look hard enough, you might find a salad).
- BBQ. Just like you can’t really leave Nashville without trying Hot Chicken, you can’t leave without trying a BBQ (unless you’re a vegetarian).
- Brunch is a firm favorite in the city and perfect for your girls weekend in Nashville itinerary (after your big night out). Expect delicious treats like bagels, pancakes and eggs. Be warned though – brunch in Nashville has become extremely popular with most of the good spots requiring reservations. So plan this outing in advance!
- Chocolate and donuts. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’ll be in heaven. You’ll find many artisan chocolatiers in the city along with a few creative donut bakeries.
Besides from eating your way through all the fried foods, don’t forget about tasting some good ‘ol Tennessee whiskey. Pretty much all the bars in the city will have a range of locally produced world-class whiskey to enjoy. To truly experience a good whiskey, make a stop along the Tennessee Whiskey Trail at Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery, the 5th officially licensed distillery in the state prior to prohibition.
Where to get the perfect shot for the ‘gram
What’s a girls weekend getaway without a few selfies? Lucky for you, Nashville has a few great spots for photo opportunities. The best are the wall murals found throughout the city; some great ones include:
- I Believe In Nashville: 2702 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37204
- Three Brothers Café: 2813 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
- It’s Gonna Be O.K Mural: 3020 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
- Nashville Looks Good On You: 2511 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37204
- What Lifts You Mural: 302 11th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
For more technicolored murals, head to the famously artistic 12South neighborhood. It’s also packed with shopping and dining spots, so a great place to spend a few hours.
Get packing ladies – your weekend in Nashville awaits!