Omada CEO Sean Duffy and Chris Hogg, former COO at Propeller Health, join host Jonah Comstock to talk about virtual care, remote chronic condition management and just what healthcare will look like into the next decade.
- What is virtual care?
- Virtual care in a post-COVID telehealth landscape.
- Adoption curves: virtual visits vs. virtual care.
- Multi-modal provider-patient communication.
- When the adoption curve lags against the innovation curve.
- What’s the product? The transition from hardware to software to experience.
- Using a jobs-to-be-done framework for healthcare.
- How to integrate virtual care with traditional brick-and-mortar care.
- Fitting virtual care into a patient-centric care ecosystem.
- The changing concept of primary care.
- What virtual care companies have to offer for telemedicine (Sean’s non-answer on American Well).
- The role of Amazon, Walmart and other big players in the new provider ecosystem.
- How traditional providers are reacting to the changing market.
- Looking ahead.
More about this episode:
MobiHealthNews’ predictions for 2021: Price transparency tools will be a game changer, telemedicine use will even out
After COVID-19, telehealth’s momentum will be sustained by younger consumers seeking convenience
Omada reports blood sugar, weight improvements after 12 months with its digital diabetes prevention program
Omada Health acquires Physera, adds virtual MSK therapy to its chronic care programs
Amazon dives deeper into health in 2020
Walmart snaps up digital health company CareZone’s medication management tool
Amwell CEO reflects on year of unprecedented telehealth adoption and predicts more digital chronic care for the future
Rock Health’s COO talks digital health funding, M&As and ‘Teladongo’
Previously on HIMSSCast: The Teladongo episode