13. I actually feel like Taylor (Autumn Reeser) ate up everyone at prom. Her silky red gown with a draped bust line feels totally modern and timeless. Give her the prom queen title!
14. There are a lot of celebrity cameos on this show. I forgot just how many. Loving Chris Pratt as Summer’s hippy friend at Brown in season four. His knit beret and Bode-esque jacket totally fit the part.
15. Paris Hilton is in episode 22 from season one, wearing a pink floral dress. “It’s the autograph of the 21st century,” she says as she snaps a flip-phone selfie with Seth. That’s hot—so is her dress.
16. I will say, the fashion got a little more streamlined in these later seasons. Spoiler alert: once Marissa was killed off, the tone of the show definitely shifted, and the fashion got a little more serious. Marissa’s sister, Kaitlin (Willa Holland), did bring some style spunk though—a little punky, East Coast attitude thrown into the mix. She sure loves the color black!
17. Speaking of the Coopers, I also want to end by saying Julie Cooper (Melinda Clarke), Marissa’s mom, is so underrated during this whole series. First of all, she’s gorgeous. Secondly, she commands every single room she walks into, whether it’s in a pink Juicy Couture tracksuit or a groovy, off-the-shoulder top. Clearly Marissa got all her fashion sense from her.